Dyson, the British technology company known for its innovative vacuum cleaners and air purifiers, has announced its first foray into the world of wearables: the Dyson Zone noise-canceling and air-purifying headphones.
The Zone headphones are designed to provide users with a comfortable and convenient way to stay connected and protected from harmful pollutants in the air. The headphones feature active noise cancellation (ANC) to block out unwanted noise, as well as a built-in air purifier that delivers purified air to the user’s nose and mouth.
The Zone headphones are equipped with eight microphones that monitor surrounding noise 384,000 times a second. This data is used to create a precise noise profile, which is then used to cancel out unwanted noise. The headphones also feature a transparency mode that allows users to hear ambient noise when needed.
The air purifier in the Zone headphones uses electrostatic filters to capture 99% of ultrafine particles. The filters are washable and replaceable, and Dyson says they will last for up to 360 hours of use.
The Zone headphones also feature a built-in battery that provides up to 4.5 hours of continuous use with ANC on. The headphones can be quickly charged via USB-C, and they will provide up to 30 hours of use with ANC off.
The Dyson Zone noise-canceling and air-purifying headphones are available now for $949.
Here are some of the key features of the Dyson Zone headphones:
- Active noise cancellation (ANC)
- Built-in air purifier
- Washable and replaceable filters
- Up to 4.5 hours of continuous use with ANC on
- Up to 30 hours of use with ANC off
Here are some of the pros and cons of the Dyson Zone headphones:
- Excellent noise cancellation
- Effective air purification
- Comfortable design
- Long battery life
- Not suitable for all activities
Here are some additional details about the Dyson Zone headphones:
- The headphones weigh 1.4 pounds and have a headband that is made of soft, breathable fabric.
- The ear cups are made of memory foam and have a snug fit that blocks out noise.
- The air purifier in the headphones has two settings: high and low. The high setting is for use in polluted environments, while the low setting is for use in cleaner environments.
- The headphones come with a carrying case, a USB-C charging cable, and a set of ear tips.
Here are some of the potential uses for the Dyson Zone headphones:
- Commuting to work or school
- Working in a noisy environment
- Exercising outdoors
- Using public transportation
Overall, the Dyson Zone noise-canceling and air-purifying headphones are a unique and innovative product that offers several benefits for users who are looking for a way to stay connected and protected from harmful pollutants in the air. However, the headphones are also expensive and bulky, so they may not be suitable for everyone.